It’s ring season! Well, isn’t it always? After Valentine’s Day, most of our feeds have been clogged with photoshoots of proposals and fancy rings to boot. In keeping up with what’s happening, we spoke to the good folks at Brillianteers about everything from selecting the perfect diamond to the hottest styles to choose from.
This post is sponsored by Brillianteers.
1) Can you give us a brief rundown of Brillianteers.com and the site’s general product offerings?
Brillianteers is a family run business with over 30 years of devotion and experience in the industry. We are diamond jewelry manufacturers based in the U.S. with offices in the UK, Israel, and Australia. As major suppliers to many of the leading jewelry stores across the world, we have decided to open up our doors to allow the online community the opportunity to purchase directly from the source. By purchasing from Brillianteers, you are able to cut the so-called “middlemen” by allowing us to pass the savings directly on to you. Our jewelry is exclusively designed and completely hand crafted “in house” from beginning to end.
2) Well, we like the sound of that. Which type of diamond ring shape would you recommend is best to buy for resale or to trade in for upgrading purposes in the future?
The round-shaped diamond
3) How does your company allow buyers the ability to examine the ring for clarity before purchasing?
We exclusively sell online, however, we may send them photos of different clarities and colors so they can compare and decide which diamond to buy.
4) What’s the most commonly purchased engagement ring?
5) Are engagement rings for men available? If so, how are they selling?
We do not sell engagement rings for men as of the moment, but we are considering making new designs in the future.
6. What are your predictions for the biggest engagement ring style trends for Spring-Summer 2019?
We are actually launching new designs this year and here is a hint: 3-stone diamond engagement ring would still be a trend or the “Markle” ring because why not? A solitaire with little accents at the bottom of the center stone would be nice too.
7. What advice can you give for a mate that is trying to select the perfect diamond?
I would highly advise that you should always consider a diamond ring that would make them head over heels, BUT it should always soothe your budget.
8. How can you spot a fake diamond?
There are a lot of ways on how to spot a fake diamond. You may use the “water test” which you can pretty much do at home.
Find a normal sized drinking glass and fill it ¾ of the way with water. Carefully drop the loose stone into the glass. If the gemstone sinks, it’s a real diamond. If it floats underneath or at the surface of the water, you have a fake on your hands.
A real diamond has high density, so the water test shows if your stone matches this level of density.
9. Can you walk us through the steps of selecting the perfect ring?
- Choose a diamond shape – princess, round, cushion, oval, pear shape – these are the most popular shapes, but you can always customize if you desire.
- Find the design that your partner likes the most – of course, feel free to choose if you are planning a big surprise.
- Decide on a budget and choose the size (carat) of the center diamond.
- Choose your diamond color – D is a colorless diamond; F is almost colorless; G-H-I
havea very slight yellow tint.
- Choose your diamond clarity – VS1 and VS2 are very clean diamonds but still priced well for most customers. SI1 and SI2 is the most popular clarity grading. I1 and I2 are the affordable ones.
- Consider an upgrade to 18k gold for having more pure gold in your
metal;or upgrading to platinum for a stronger more durable metal
- Choose your gold color – rose, gold, white gold.
- Makes sure the diamonds are certified.
- Make sure you can always return your diamond ring if you are not happy with it.
- Make sure your ring is warranted for a period of at least 3 months.
- Measure your partner’s ring size accurately and make sure your ring is sized to that at no
- Consider having the ring engraved with a personal message.
FTC Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Brillianteers.