Apple just announced a multi-year partnership with the multi-talented, the one and only, Oprah Winfrey.
The three-paragraph announcement was such a tease. The only hint Apple left us with was that “Winfrey’s projects will be released as part of a lineup of original content from Apple.”
No ETA mentioned yet either, argh!
So here at the 32 Letter, we will throw our thinking caps on to figure out this mystery that Oprah — the CEO of OWN and many other platforms — will bring to the world.
1) Sneak previews and full episodes of original OWN series like “SuperSoul Sunday” and “Queen Sugar.”
2) Automatically downloaded updates to Deepak Chopra’s meditation series.
3) Exclusive interviews with celebs and other public figures that we need answers from that only Oprah can get us. Like, ahem, I sit down with 45 and all his current and former wives or better yet, Bey and Jay.
4) A show where Oprah and Gayle team up to use their and other one percenter’s money to fix problems across the world like the Flint, Michigan water crisis (yup, that’s still going on).
5) Revolving applications for college scholarships, debt relief request and other everyday needs that will get broadcast as surprises to the winner.
6) “Oprah takes on…” is a series where she attempts to become a problem solver while exposing social issues like criminal justice reform, the NRA, Big Pharma, etc.
Okay, that last one is a real stretch, but with all the connections and abilities Oprah has shown in her multi-decades-long career she can do anything.